- About us
- Corporate Visas
- Skilled Visa
- Student Visa
- Family Visa
- Contact us
Remaining Relative Visa (Offshore)
This visa is for people whose only near relatives are usually resident in Australia and are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens.
This visa requires you to be sponsored by an eligible relative (or your relative's eligible partner), in Australia.
- you have a brother, sister, parent (or step-equivalent) who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia
- you and your partner have no brothers, sisters, non-dependent children, parents (or step-equivalents) other than those in Australia.
Your partner and other family members may be included in your application if they meet certain requirements.
The following family members can be included in your application:
- your spouse or de facto partner
- your dependent child
- other dependent relatives.
However, certain restrictions apply in case of sponsors, as previous successful sponsors of the following visa categories are not eligible to be sponsors for this visa:
104 Preferential family visa
115 Remaining relative visa
806 Family Visa
835 Remaining Relative Visa
The sponsor must continue to help the applicant (and their family) settle in Australia by providing:
- financial assistance
For this visa, the sponsor must comply with these obligations for two (2) years from the date the applicant (and any accompanying family members) arrive in Australia.
Assurer of Support
The assurer must:
- provide financial support to the applicant (and their family) so they do not have to rely on any government forms of support
- repay the Australian Government for any recoverable social security payments made by Centrelink to the applicant and any others covered by the Assurance of Support
News and Events
Find updates related to changes in government migration policies here.
14 July, 2012
You can now Apply Expression of Interest(EOI) through AICA International online directly....[ read more ]
25 Jan, 2012
The new SkillSelect site is live –.[ read more ]
30 June, 2011
Review of the Student Visa Assessment Level
Framework....[ read more ]